The Ransom Lions Club will host a pancake breakfast on Sunday, May 18, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Ransom Community Hall, 2379 Newton-Ransom Blvd. The menu will include pancakes, sausage, eggs, juice and coffee. Tickets are $7.50; $3.50 for children, eat in or take out. Tickets will be available at the door or from any Lions Club member.
The East Benton United Methodist Church, 170 Jordan Hollow Road, will present an outdoor concert featuring the Lenoxville Community Band on Sunday, May 18, at 7 p.m. Guests are asked to bring chairs or blankets. A love offering will be taken, refreshments will be served. For directions or for more information, call Bill at 570-563-1873.
The Fleetville Volunteer Fire Co. will host a chicken barbecue on Sunday, May 25, at the fire house on Rte. 407, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The menu will include half a chicken, homemade potato salad, homemade baked beans, dinner roll and dessert. Tickets are $8.50 presale or $9 at the door. Call 570-945-3139 or 570-563-1576 for more
Memorial Day Services
The Abington Memorial Post No. 6079, Veterans of Foreign Wars, will host services on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, at the following locations:
• Abington Hills Cemetery, Morgan Highway, South Abington Twp.: 8:30 a.m.
• South Abington Memorial Tank, off Shady Lane Road: 9 a.m.
• Clarks Green Cemetery: 9:30 a.m.
• Hickory Grove Cemetery, Miller Road, Waverly: 10 a.m.
The annual parade will step off at 11 a.m. at the Clarks Summit Elementary School, 401 W. Grove St. Following the parade, a memorial service will be conducted at the post home, located at 402 Winola Road, Clarks Summit.
Any group or individual who would like to join the parade line of march should call Dominic Scott at 570-586-5451 or the post at 570-586-9821.
Pitt Networking Day
The Abington Community Library, 1200 W. Grove St., Clarks Summit, will host a networking day for University of Pittsburgh alumni on Thursday, May 29, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. RSVP by Friday, May 23, by calling Marta at 570-290-0576 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Future students and their parents are also welcome.
BBC Sports Camps
Baptist Bible College and Seminary, 538 Venard Road, South Abington Twp., will host several sports camps throughout the summer:
• Defender Basketball Camp: Sunday, June 22, through Friday, June 27;
• Lady Defender Basketball Camp: Monday, June 30, through Friday, July 4;
• Big Blue Basketball Camp: Sunday, July 6 through Friday, July 11;
• Defender and Lady Defender Soccer Camp: Sunday, Aug. 3 through Friday, Aug. 8; and
• Big Blue Soccer Camp: Monday, Aug. 11 through Thursday, Aug. 14.
Call 570-585-9322 or email email@example.com for more