Abington Community Library Events
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
To register for a program or event call 587-3440. Follow the library on Twitter @abingtoncomlib and 'like' Abington Community Library on Facebook. The Abington Community Library is located at 1200 W. Grove St., Clarks Summit.
Events through Thursday, Jan. 31 are as follows:
- Thursday, Jan. 24: La Chiacchierata: Italian Discussion Group: 7 p.m. All are invited to join our new "Friends of the Italian Language" conversation group. Tap into the Italian language and culture by practicing the language. All levels of language experience welcome. Facilitated by Stephanie Longo. No registration required. Grade 10 to adult.
- Friday, Jan. 25: Story Time Teens: 6:30-7:30 p.m. Join us for an interactive evening story time. Sponsored by Teen Leadership Committee; presented by Story Time Teens. Theme: "Sneezes 'n' Sniffles." Ages 3-6, siblings welcome.
- Saturday, Jan. 26: Saturday Story Hour: 1-2 p.m. Presented by students from Marywood University. Warm up with a beach theme. Ages 3-7.
- Sunday, Jan. 27: Lego Club: 2:30-3:30 p.m. Love Legos? Come build with library Legos. Original creations from this session will be on display in the Children's Area throughout the following month. Sponsored by Teen Leadership Committee. Limit 20. Kindergarten through grade six.
- Monday, Jan. 28: Freaks, Circuses, and Magic Book Discussion: 7:15 p.m. Join facilitator Sue Curtin as we investigate an exciting series of six books. This month's selection is "Carter Beats the Devil" by Glen David Gold. Adults.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29: Teen Leadership Committee: 4-5 p.m. A group of teens focused on giving a voice to all young adults for programming, book selections, etc. Come share your thoughts and ideas. Grades seven-12.