Abington Community Library Events
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
To register for a program or event please call 587-3440. Follow the library on Twitter @abingtoncomlib and 'like' Abington Community Library on Facebook. The Abington Community Library is located at 1200 W. Grove St., Clarks Summit.
Events through Thursday, Jan. 10 are as follows:
- Thursday, Jan. 3: Scrabble: 1 p.m. Join our enthusiastic group of Scrabble players for a fun game! No registration necessary. Adults.
- Friday, Jan. 4: Anime/Manga Club: 4-6 p.m. Join us for fun and Manga book discussions. Bring along a friend. Grades 7-12.
- Friday, Jan. 4: Game Night with Wii: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Bring along a friend. Grades 4-6.
- Monday, Jan. 7: Classics Discussion Group: Noon. Would you like to read, explore and discuss works of literature and ideas in the Western Canon from 1500 to the present? Books will include Shakespeare, Milton, Rousseau and Nietzsche. Adults.
- Monday, Jan. 7: Caring Hands Group: 1 p.m. Do you knit or crochet? Consider joining this new group whose members meet to create items which are needed by local non-profit agencies. Grade 7-adult.
- Thursday, Jan. 10: Movie: Shattered Glass: 6:30 p.m. Calling all published (in some way) as well as novice writers interested in journalism. Join us for the true story of a young journalist who fell from grace when it would found he had fabricated over half of his articles. Sponsored by the PA Women's Press Association. Adults.