Abington Community Library Events
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
To register for a program or event please call 587-3440. Follow the Library on Twitter @abingtoncomlib and 'like' Abington Community Library on Facebook. The Abington Community Library is located at 1200 W. Grove St., Clarks Summit.
Library events through Thursday, Nov. 15, are as follows:
Thursday, Nov. 8
- Memory Loss Presentation: 9:30-11 a.m. Attend a free educational event and enjoy a free breakfast. Dr. Mario Cornacchione will discuss normal memory changes with aging and what you can do to limit it, when mild memory loss is not normal for your age and treatments for mild memory problems. Free memory tests available. Space is limited and registration is required. Call 814-0657 to register. Adults.
- Scrabble: 1 p.m. Join our group of Scrabble players for a game. No registration necessary. Adults.
- PNC Story Hour: 1:30-2 p.m. The theme will be "Saving." Ages 3-5.
- Library Photo Exhibit Grand Opening: 6 p.m. Enjoy a juried photography exhibit by members of the Northeast Photography Club through Friday, Nov. 30.
Saturday, Nov. 10
- Holiday Marketplace: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Shop for holiday gifts. Vendors will offer a variety of handcrafted items.
Monday, Nov. 12
- Caring Hands Group: 1 p.m. Do you knit or crochet? Consider joining this new group whose members meet to create items that are needed by local non-profit agencies. Grade seven to adult.
Wednesday, Nov. 14
- Families Helping Families: 7-8:30 p.m. Facilitators provide an educational series and support group for teens and their families affected by substance abuse. Co-sponsored by the Clear Brook Foundation. Adults.
Thursday, Nov. 15
- After-School Program: 4-4:45 p.m. "The Mystery at Cape Cod" plus facts about the Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving. Ages 7-10.